DYNAMIC SHEAR RHEOMETER
Viscoelastic Behavior of Bituminous Binders
EN 13702, 14770, 16659 | ASTM D7175, D4402, D4402M, D7405 | AASHTO T316, T350, M332, T315, M320
The Dynamic Shear Rheometer apparatus is used to characterise the viscoelastic behavior of bituminous binders, such as flow properties (shear viscosity from flow tests) and dynamic properties (viscoelastic modulus and phase angle from oscillation tests).
Different testing temperatures, especially with low temperatures, are possible with a rapid temperature control due to peltier thermostating. Further measuring systems and cone-plate measuring systems according to the standard DIN are available.
Software for tests according to EN, ASTM and AASHTO allows:
- Automatic and fast execution of all bitumen tests
- Automated evaluation and analysis of results according with AASHTO
- Estimation of Performance Grade
- Different test types for original binders, RTFO and PAV
- Grade Determination and PASS/FAIL conditions
- Bitumen Wizard for computer-assisted test execution
- Display and analysis of measuring data
- Preset profiles for automatic test execution
Complete with peltier temperate control, exchangeable basic plate (Ø 25 mm), exchangeable basic plate (Ø 8 mm), measuring plate (Ø 25 mm), measuring plate (Ø 8 mm), set of trimming tools, rubber moulds (Ø 25 mm and 8 mm) software and 20 ml calibration liquid.
The Rheometer requires to be connected to a PC, which is not included.
0.1 to 150 mNm
Temperature Range (Total)
-60 °C to 375 °C
Temperature Range (Peltier)
-10 °C to +180 °C
± 0.02 °C
110V or 230V 1ph 50-60Hz
800 x 400 x 700mm
45 kg approx.
Dynamic Shear Rheometer Enquiry
For more information or to arrange a call from one of the Cea Laboratory technologies Team, please complete the contact form below. If your enquiry is urgent, please call us on 1300 552 725.